The BMI software, BLASTPLAN-PRO is an interactive timing tool and simulation package for blast design.
BLASTPLAN-PRO has the following features and functionality:
- A database incorporating all of the major manufacturers’ products. In Australia both Orica and Dyno products are covered in addition to Enaex’s.
- A simple custom product interface allowing the user to add new product lines and create custom products.
- Create and edit drill patterns using templates and standard patterns.
- Directly import drill patterns and pit shells from all of the main design packages such as Vulcan, Surpac, Datamine, Minescape, and etc.
- View and manipulate drill patterns and pit shells in three dimensions (3-D).
- Simple tie-in process using auto-tie generation feature.
- Simulation of initiation design including
- Angle of Initiation
- Direction of movement
- Holes per delay for ground vibration prediction
- Create charge standards using a drag and drop interface to design specific hole by hole explosives loading.
- Apply charge standards to the blast-holes to create load sheets.
- Use graphical timing objects to design initiation sequences for electronic detonator systems.
- Apply timing to defined zones to enable multiple independent deck firing.
- Predict ground vibration using weighted scaled distance calculations that allow for all charge decks in space and time.